[Qgis-developer] Plans for next QGIS releases

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Feb 21 12:09:42 PST 2017

Hi

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Borys Jurgiel <lists at borysjurgiel.pl>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Dnia wtorek, 21 lutego 2017 14:49:14 Tim Sutton pisze:
> > ​Just to confirm what Paolo said, the issue was raised by Paolo at our
> PSC
> > meeting 2 months ago (all meeting minutes are publicly available at
> > https://github.com/qgis/qgis/wiki#psc-meeting-minutes)
>
> Unfortunately the last meeting is not available yet... :)

​Ah thanks for pointing that out - it is there now....​

> I don't get the idea of making the 2.18 a LTR release just for half a year.
> Or are we going to support it longer, in parallel with the 3.2 LTR? Or
> maybe
> nobody believes the 3.2 will be stable enough to make it a LTR? :)

Personally I was hoping for 2.18 LTR to last from June 2017 to June 2018
and then releasing 3.2 In June 2018.

* retire 2.14 in June 2017
* 2.18 becomes LTR from June 2017 to
​**​
​*June*** ​
2018
* 3.0 feature freeze in July 2017
* release 3.0 in Sept 2017
* release 3.2 as next LTR in release 3.0 + 4 Months (eta June 2018).​

​Regards

Tim​

> Regards,
> Borys