[Qgis-developer] QGIS3 theme?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Feb 27 21:37:26 PST 2017

Hi all,
lad to see how things are developing.

Il 28/02/2017 01:52, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:

>> https://www.libreoffice.org/assets/Uploads/Discover/LO52-Screenshots/lo52-writer-02.png
>>

> Oh - I'm not a huge fan of libreoffice's either!

agree, I think very few like it

> Both Mathieu and I very much like the direction of this icon style:
> https://www.creativefreedom.co.uk/icon-design-portfolio/application-icons/

agreed, looks modern and easy to build upon

> Interesting idea! My immediate thoughts are that this could detract
> from the goal of "toning down" the interface, so it'd need to be done
> very subtly. But it's worth exploring!

we have done some experiment with this, and I agree it is very easy to
get inappropriate results. a tone can be useful for the reasons
mentioned, provided it is very faint.

One more issue: resistance to change is usually very high among many
users, so new icons should bear a clear relation to old ones (it should
be easy and consistent to tell how each icon has transformed). I'm not
in favour of maintaining the old set as an option for
retrocompatibility, but probably many users would be happy of this.

Thanks for the interesting discussion.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu