[Qgis-developer] When to start converting our plugins?

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Thu Jan 5 09:43:24 PST 2017

Hello all

Amazing work going on for QGIS3 - I'm in awe of you all (as always).

I've been getting more and more nervous about how easy it will be to convert
my plugin, so yesterday I started to have a go. With lots of help from
Matthias (huge thanks, as ever!), I got a good way through the process. I
think I can now do it. I certainly don't feel so nervous.

However, Nyall pointed out that there is still a lot of change to come to
the API. I'm happy to abandon the work I've done so far, as it has achieved
its aim of getting me familiar with what the job will entail.

So, my question is, when would be the best time to start the actual
conversion of our plugins? Is there going to be an obvious time in QGIS3
development for this to happen? Can it be announced on the list?

Thanks

Tom

-----
Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon