[Qgis-developer] When to start converting our plugins?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:01:36 PST 2017

On 6 January 2017 at 09:51, Mathieu Pellerin <nirvn.asia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> While Nyall's right to point out further API disruption on the horizon, your
> exercise isn't in vain since the plugin adjustments you've figured out will
> still be needed when porting season will open.

That's true for some changes (such as python 3, Qt 5), but there's no
gaurantee that 3.0 breaks within PyQGIS won't be changed later in the
3.0 cycle.

So yes, this *is* a good time to port to python 3, Qt5, PyQt5 so long
as you don't do major refactoring which may be affected by the PyQGIS
api!

Nyall