[Qgis-developer] How to control map canvas "decorations" from Python ?

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 06:31:32 PST 2017

Hi list -

Is it possible to control map canvas decorations from python ? By
decorations I mean the "North Arrow", "Scale Bar", "Grid" and "Copyright
Label" that is user selectable using menu item "View" -> "Decorations".

I'm "only" interested in reading the present settings i.e. "on"/"off"
and how to set or unset them using Python.

Regards

Bo Victor Thomsen