[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server FCGI: retained data / deferred freeing of resources between requests

Rob Marjot robmarjot at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 16:11:03 PST 2017

Dear list,

I am currently evaluating QGIS Server as rendering backend for my new
project; can you give me some insight in the architecture / implementation?
To pose my question more specific: with QGIS Server being a fcgi
application, what data (e.g. parsed .qgs file?) is retained and/or freeing
of resources is deferred between requests?

Much appreciated if any of you can shed a bit of light to the
implementation details of QGIS Server. Possibly there is technical
documentation available online?

Thanks
Rob