[Qgis-developer] QGIS menu item

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 19:11:19 PST 2017

Hey all,

I would like to propose a new QGIS menu item that in the menu before the
Project item.  This menu item will contain all the stuff in the Settings
Menu, Exit QGIS, and some of the stuff from the Help menu like About

Motivation:  A lot of application have a "Application" menu with
application-wide settings, etc . I think this would make it clear that
anything in this menu is related to the application itself and not the
project.  Having a Settings menu just floating in the middle of the menu
bar seems strange to me now.

Example

[image: Inline image 1]

Thoughts?