[Qgis-developer] Create memory layer containing only features visible in current canvas extent

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Fri Jan 13 06:52:16 PST 2017

Many thanks, Matthias and Martin - I got it working exactly as you suggested.
Is this the mechanism which QGIS itself uses to determine which features are
in the viewport?

I'm running into some performance issue which I thought this would help, but
they are not solved yet, so I might soon have a more general question about
identifying bottlenecks in PyQGIS code.

Tom

-----
Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon