[Qgis-developer] Can't find make using OSGeo4W Shell

Richard Burkmar rich.burkmar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 08:26:22 PST 2017

If I open 'OSGeo4W Shell' from the installed shortcuts with either of the
following versions of QGIS (all installed from the 64 bit standalone for
Windows), and type 'make' in the shell, my the command is found and my
plugin's makefile is executed:

2.8.2
2.12.3

But if I do the same for the following versions, the make command can't be
found (the shell reports 'make' is not recognised as an internal or
external command...):

2.16.1
2.18

Can anyone shed any light on this and what I need to do to fix the problem?

Rich