[Qgis-developer] Valid or invalid geom in PostGIS?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jan 16 23:00:35 PST 2017

Hi Mark,
thanks for your feedback.

Il 17/01/2017 04:01, Mark Johnson ha scritto:
>     thanks for your feedback. Shouldn't this be reported by ST_IsValid also?
>

> Yes, it should.

> If you could supply the offending geometry in a text file (i.e. result
> of 'ST_AsText(geometry)'), then this could be checked.

let me be more clear: there are NO invalid geoms in the DB, as reported
by st_isvalid. what is strange:
* invalidities are reported in qgis log (this may be due to
simplification, thanks Alvaro)
* these are reported *before* opening a project (so maybe the projects
are read to generate the preview?).
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu