[Qgis-developer] Valid or invalid geom in PostGIS?

A Huarte ahuarte47 at yahoo.es
Tue Jan 17 02:18:33 PST 2017

>From QGIS 2.14 the postgis server-side simplification uses the ST_RemoveRepeatedPoints method:
http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog214/#feature-use-st-removerepeatedpoints-for-server-side-simplification-with-postgis-2-2-or-newer-layers

The tolerance depends of current map scale, but you could check results in postgreSQL for different tolerances: 1 ... 10 ...100.
To avoid invalid geometry errors, but simplifying data to maintain rendering performance, you can disable in QGIS the server-side simplification of that layer to only enable the local simplification (The original features are read from postgre and simplification runs when the geometry is rendered. This does not change the original feature).