[Qgis-developer] [Processing] how to handle selections

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Wed Jan 18 01:44:25 PST 2017

Hi all,
processing sports the "Save selected features" algorithm. However if in
processing's options you untick "Use only selected features" the
algorithm outputs _all_ features of the input layer. Although I know
that processing works only on selections when the option is ticked IMHO
the current behaviour is not intuitive: if an algorithm in its name (and
help) claims to do something with the selected features it should do
that _all the time_.
Opinions?

Background: I opened a PR [1] yesterday for an algorithm that works on
selected features all the time (won't make sense otherwise) and would
like processing to be consistent in that respect.

regards

Bernhard

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/4011

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 14787 (20170118) __________