[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server in Python?

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 03:39:00 PST 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Sören Gebbert <
soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Dear developers,
> i have a naive question.
>
> Would it be possible and meaningful to implement the QGIS Server in Python?
>
> There are several nice Python Web-frameworks (Django, Flask) which would
> make it easy to expose the rendering, data management and processing
> functionality of QGIS as WMS, WFS or REST service.
>
> Do you think this may be a good idea to implement?

You can do that right now:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/tests/src/python/qgis_wrapped_server.py

But after the refactoring that we are doing it will be even simpler.

There is also a WPS plugin for QGIS server.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it