[Qgis-developer] split line at specified distance

Pierluigi De Rosa pierluigi.derosa at gfosservices.it
Tue Jan 24 09:37:01 PST 2017

Dear all,

I have some difficulties to figure out how to split line at specific distance from the beginning.
I need to split a single line into several lines at specific distances.

I'm able to get the point at specific distance using the intersection function of QgsGeometry but I'm in trouble on how to create the new geometry.
I looked at the split function but I'm not sure it could help me.

Do you have some code to share on how to split a line into several lines at specified distances?

Thanks
Pierluigi