[Qgis-developer] Status of QGIS3

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Fri Jan 27 08:30:38 PST 2017

Hi,

QGIS is cutting edge when it comes to data interoperability. It consumes
all kinds of data. It is amazing!

But when it comes to style interoperability, it is not so good. I know
there are a lot of different style languages and libraries, and they
keep changing. Urh!

This SLD compatibility enhancement might be one more nice label for QGIS
3.0. I support this idea and I'm available to help to archive this
compatibility. It mighty be not so sexy, but it is a key feature. I know
people still using great uDig just to save the style as SLD.

Regards,

Às 15:22 de 27-01-2017, Luigi Pirelli escreveu:
> I think is really important SLD compatibility work (crowdfunding) by
> GeoSolution... QGIS->SLD/SE 1.1
> In this moment SLD read back is not correctly done by QGIS, e.g.
> SLD/SE1.1->QGIS but almost few people are working on this without a
> structured road map (I should say that is not an attractive task)
>
> IMHO interoperability would be the way to distinguish QGIS and GFOSS
> from the proprietary lock-in philosophy
>
> cheers

J. Gustavo
--