[Qgis-developer] OTB and LiDAR tools as separate plugins

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jan 30 10:00:35 PST 2017

Il 30/01/2017 14:27, Victor Olaya ha scritto:

> If you have any comment, please let us know.

Thanks Victor. I think this is a good improvement, giving OTB and
LASTools more flexibility to update new versions.
One thing that worries me is: we are shipping OTB and LASTools at least
in Windows packages, and I believe we should keep on wit this. So it
seems weird to me an user is now not able to use it straight away, but
he has to install additional software. Maybe we could find a mechanism
to avoid this (install OTB and LasTools plugin in ~/.qgis3 with a
postinstall? this may cause other problems however; (ab)use the new
profiling?)

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu