[QGIS-Developer] GeoPackage and styling

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Jul 3 12:15:02 PDT 2017

(cc-ing to geoserver dev list too)

Thanks for pointing to it Even.

Though I was hoping that the community could be a litter more
progressive in the way to define styles. Though there is no golden
bullet, I think the way MapBox and friends are evolving to some json
styling language/definition is pretty promising...

'We' as QGIS already can (in a QGIS specific way) save the style (in
either QGIS-QML or SLD), and there is even a SourcePole plugin which
besides the styling also saves the project into the GeoPackage...

To me it would be ubercool when we could create a GeoPackage file with
both Data, Styles and (let's call it) MapContext (layerorder, start
zoom/bbox etc).

And then that other FOSS products like Geoserver/Mapproxy/MapsServer etc
etc could just ingest that....

Dreaming?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde