[QGIS-Developer] QGIS/OGR: FeatureIds reassigned on write to data provider?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 02:38:40 PDT 2017

Hi Sandro

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Sandro Mani <manisandro at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be something I would call explicitly while the geometry checker is
> active, I think it is safe to assume that users don't expect that they can
> operate on the shapefile while the geometry checker is processing it.  It
> would not add much complexity to the provider, just a flag that repacking is
> frozen, and a setter to set that flag. When the flag is set to false, the
> shapefile is repacked.

How about changing the logic in geometry checker? Instead of saving
changes any time user chooses an action, one could just keep a buffer
of changes and then commit everything at once when the user is done
fixing things... That would be also more efficient and it seems like
an easier solution than adding workarounds to data provider interface
for one particular format.

Cheers
Martin