[QGIS-Developer] rule based style copy+paste bug

zrx zrx8 at freemail.hu
Sat Jul 8 06:52:58 PDT 2017

Hello,

Excuse me for posting to the developers list, as I am not a QGIS developer, but the bug tracker seems to be even more difficult to access.

I'd like to call your attention a problem present at least since 2.16, and which is still there in 2.18.10 :

I have an approximately 50 years period of data to be presented geographically, and each year's corresponding layer should be able to be turned on/off. I created the first year's layer, then tried to copy+paste it, and modify the year in each layer's rule. The problem is that the pasted layers don't seem to be independent. It looks like they are created by some kind of shallow copy, thus sharing some of their attributes and data fields, like visibility for example.

Please correct this, or give me some hint if I make something wrong. Thanks in advance,
Peter