[QGIS-Developer] Classification of values around zero

Pierre_Loicq pierre.loicq at univ-tours.fr
Sun Jul 9 12:51:31 PDT 2017

Hi,

At the office, I often need to create map of modeled biases (float values),
where it make sense to have a first class centered on zero
(symbology/graduated). I learned C++ some months ago and would like to add
this functionality as a first application, on the  master branch. The
current classification methods are: Equal interval, quantile/equal count,
jenks, Standard deviation, Pretty breaks. Although an option (ticking box)
"around zero"  may be applied for each of them (maybe not for Jenks), I
think it's better to add a classification method in the list of methods. And
it would probably run on equal intervals.

Thank you
Pierre