[QGIS-Developer] QGIS/OGR: FeatureIds reassigned on write to data provider?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Jul 10 06:12:47 PDT 2017

On lundi 10 juillet 2017 15:01:56 CEST RĂ©gis Haubourg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This should clearly be restricted to Shapefiles. Other drivers don't have
>
> > this compaction logic and will let happily holes in the feature ids.
>
> What about Mapinfo TAB, which relies on DBF like shapefiles, and dbf files ?

Deleted records are flagged as such in the .dat/.dbf files (with '*' character , which is also
what the Shapefile driver use for non-compacted deleted DBF records) and in the .map file.
There's no compaction logic.

I don't remember of having heard about compatibility issues with MapInfo regarding this
(but my memories can be wrong :-)), so I assume MapInfo does the same

Even

http://www.spatialys.com