[QGIS-Developer] Adding a WCS Layer in QGIS makes multiple redundant calls.

William Valencia william.m.valencia at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 11 23:29:44 PDT 2017

I noticed something weird with QGIS. So when making an "Add WCS Layer"
request with QGIS, I noticed that (After initial GetCapabilities and
DescribeCoverage), multiple redundant calls to my WCS Server are made.
The actual "Add" Button makes 12 calls to my WCS Server. It calls 1
GetCapabilities, 1 DescribeCoverage, 4 GetCoverage and then repeats the
last 6 calls for a total of 12 calls. I am unsure why QGIS makes 4
GetCoverage calls in the first place, let alone the repeated last 6
calls for the total of 12 calls. Anyone know why QGIS is doing this?

I am on a Mac running QGIS 2.18.9.

William