[QGIS-Developer] Incremental drawing possible?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jul 12 00:11:53 PDT 2017

Hi,

I tested it on Linux with WMTS and Postgis layers. It worked fine for
it. I would like to test it on Windows as well, but I can't compile it
on Windows .... if it would be in master, I could test the nightlies.

Performancewise it worked fine on Linux.

I am not so sure, if it should be enabled for WMS layers, because there
would most likely be issues with labels ... if there would be additional
tiles at the previous canvas border. I think for WMS the user should be
able to decide whether he wants to enable/disable. It may make sense for
unproblematic layers (e.g. Orthoimages) - but anything with dynamic
labels may have issues. But I think it is disabled for WMS anyway,
currently.

Andreas