[QGIS-Developer] New node tool - undo steps

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:39:39 PDT 2017

Hi Nyall

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 1:39 AM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all (+Martin),
>
> I was using the new node tool last week and have a question about
> undo/redo levels.
>
> In 2.x the node tool saves undo steps for each individual operation.
> i.e. delete a node, move a node, add a new are all individual undo
> steps and can be individually rolled back. In 3.0 all node operations
> get squashed to a single undo step. If I move a bunch of nodes, then
> add some, and then accidentally delete one, undoing reverts all
> actions rather then just the final delete action.

Hmm... When I open the undo/redo view, the individual actions of node
tool are still recorded as separate commands. Playing with editing
tools I have found out that there must be something dodgy going on
with the undo stack: if there are two commands on the stack, undoing
first one it jumps right back to the initial geometry state, undoing
the second one has no effect - but - when redoing things work
correctly - I could redo each undo command separately.

So it seems that it is a more general problem not related to the node
tool overhaul - move feature tool seems to have exactly the same
issue... looks like a quite serious regression.

Cheers
Martin