[QGIS-Developer] Plugin idea

Senol Ozgur senolozgur.cs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 04:25:29 PDT 2017

Hi,
I'm long term QGIS user. I'm very happy with QGIS and want to contribute.
I have a plugin idea and want to get some feedback prior to development. We
are dealing with spatial data stored on Oracle DB. Oracle Spatial needs to
be maintained(spatial metadata, i.e. coordinate system of tables, table
extends etc.). Metada can be managed by writing SQL queries or by using
other tools(Oracle SQL Developer and Georaptor plugin). Will a plugin for
QGIS(as far as I know there is no such plugin forQGIS) for managin Oracle
Spatial Metadata be useful? I'd be happy to hear some other opinions.
Best regards.