[QGIS-Developer] Building QGIS 2.18 on OSX

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Thu Jun 1 07:18:17 PDT 2017

Hi Helton,

A full walkthrough for building master branch using Homebrew is here:
https://github.com/qgis/homebrew-qgisdev/tree/master/development

Main Homebrew tap (formulae repo) is here:
https://github.com/qgis/homebrew-qgisdev/

For QGIS 2.18 and 2.14, you can reference the Homebrew formulae in
OSGeo4Mac tap (qgis2 and qgis2-ltr respectively):
https://github.com/OSGeo/homebrew-osgeo4mac/tree/master/Formula

So, to install 2.18, thereby ensuring all dependencies for building your
own 2.18 from source, do the following:

brew install osgeo/osgeo4mac/qgis2

or, if you only want the dependencies:

brew install osgeo/osgeo4mac/qgis2 --only-dependencies

See also: `man brew` after install Homebrew.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota
Boundless Desktop and QGIS Support/Development
Boundless Spatial - http://boundlessgeo.com
lshaffer at boundlessgeo.com