[QGIS-Developer] QGIS project (.qgs) file writing failing on SharePoint / WebDAV?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jun 2 03:28:50 PDT 2017

Hi List,

I've been asked by somebody to forward the following questions to you:

"
Several users are having the problem that their .qgs files are getting
corrupted during saving it seems. Could it be because of the technique
used (webdav)? Knowing sharepoint it has its time-outs.

The underlying storage is Sharepoint Online, a Microsoft product (hosted
by Microsoft). Data is accessed via a drive mapping, this is a Web-dav
connection (https)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebDAV
"

For what I understand, the .qgs files are left partially truncated (and
so totally corrupted).

The do all their projects/work via Sharepoint, so making this work is
pretty important for them.

Anybody experiencing this, or hints to fix this?
Is this typical WebDAV/Sharepoint?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde