[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3 > Processing: some test

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 23:36:54 PDT 2017

On 10 June 2017 at 02:46, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I did some testing of new Processing commands, on a freshly compiled QGIS.
>
> * Aspect throws an error:
> * barplot does not return a result (result viewer is empty)

Looks like this happens when you don't pick a destination file.  Can
you re-test and explicitly choose an output file.
> * both frequency analysis and Number of unique values in classes return:
>
> This algorithm cannot be run :-(
> This script has a syntax errors. Problem with line: ##Fields=Field Input

I've hidden these scripts away for now. Will restore them when script
support is back.

> * basic statistics for fields:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
> "/usr/local/src/qgis/QGIS/build_qgis3/output/python/plugins/processing/algs/qgis/BasicStatistics.py",
> line 152, in processAlgorithm
> self.createHTML(output_file, data)
> File
> "/usr/local/src/qgis/QGIS/build_qgis3/output/python/plugins/processing/algs/qgis/BasicStatistics.py",
> line 265, in createHTML
> with codecs.open(outputFile, 'w', encoding='utf-8') as f:
> File "/usr/lib/python3.5/codecs.py", line 895, in open
> file = builtins.open(filename, mode, buffering)
> FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] File o directory non esistente: ''

Should be fixed in master.

> * buffer:
>   * rasters appear in the list of layers, but no result nor error is
> given when chosen

Should be fixed in master.

>   * for vector polygons, a new layer is created, but geometries are
> unchanged (no buffer)

Can you retest and let me know what settings lead to this? I can't
reproduce. By the way dissolve mode in buffer alg should be fixed now.

> * there are two QGIS entries (I imagine one Py and one C++), confusing
> for the user

This will remain the case for a while - I'll fix it before release,
but for now I find it useful to split the c++ algs from the python
ones.

> * clip, check validity, polygon extent, boundary, bounding boxes,
> centroids, add field, add autoincremental field, delete field seem to be
> all working fine.

Thanks!

Nyall