[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3 > Processing: some test

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 19:05:10 PDT 2017

On 19 June 2017 at 19:19, Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Using:
>
> The new native dissolve tool runs for a split second and outputs a few
> polygons in vastly incomplete result.
>
> Trying to dissolve all polygons (and operation that the ogr2ogr based
> tool does with no issues) with the native tool it results in a python
> error and and infinite running hourglass.

Should both be fixed in master, together which a much more visible
error when invalid geometries are encountered and the processing
option is set to anything but "don't check for invalid geometries"

I'd love your testing & feedback on the new behaviour! I'm also
thinking we need another option in processing for geometry checking,
something like "check and log only". This would prominently show
errors that invalid geometries were encountered, but still allow their
use. What do you think?

Nyall