[QGIS-Developer] Processing 3.0: Dropping non-QgsZonalStatistics zonal statistics algorithm

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 23:11:18 PDT 2017

Hi,

alternate alg was introduced in the time, when QgsZonalStatistics offered
only some basic statistical information, e.g. min/max, count and couple of
other values and did not allow to select individual stats.

Now, when QgsZonalStatistics is much more powerful personally I (as author
if this alternate alg) see no sense in keeping other duplicated algorithm.

> On 28 June 2017 at 15:55, Mathieu Pellerin <nirvn.asia at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Two statistical outputs (variance and mode) aren't available in QgsZonalStatistics-based alg, while two outputs (minority and majority) are missing from the alternate alg.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mode = majority here, so both algs offer this value.
>
> Variance is trivial to calculate from the standard deviation, so
> that's not a significant loss.
>
> I guess the other unknowns are speed & robustness of the two
> algorithms. Is there any open bugs filed against either on hub?
>
> Nyall

Alexander Bruy