[QGIS-Developer] parameter infos algorithm of Processing with python

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 06:00:39 PDT 2017

Hi devs,

I'm making some test with Processing. I have a quick question: is there
a method to know (via python) the parameter of an algorithm?

To get one algorithm available as an object, I do:

import processing

# get an algorithm of the qgis provider, no matter which one
alg = qgis_list =
QgsApplication.processingRegistry().providerById("qgis").algorithms()[0]

to run this algorithm (of course) parameters are needed. The old

processing.runalg()

has been replaced with

processing.run()

but is there a way to know which parameter and the related information
have to be added in order to run it?

Thanks for any information!

Cheers

Matteo