[Qgis-developer] Plugin interacting with layer features, example?

Magnus Homann magnus at homann.se
Wed Mar 1 10:56:17 PST 2017

Hello, I'm working on a forestry plugin in python. Right now the goal is to show the contents
of the layer in a user-friendly way. Example:
* Have drop-down menu that selects which layer that contains the dataset to show.
* Sorting features according to a specific field, and then scroll through them with press of buttons. Changes the selection also.
* If many features are selected, scroll through the features without changing selection

So scrolling through features, and showing values with help text in a docked widget.

To make this work I have to set up signals when the layer and features shown is removed, and signals for adding
layers and features.

It's starting to get a bit complicated, connecting and disconnecting signals. Looking for an example plugin that
I can steal the structure, a plugin that has already debugged the layer/feature changes.

Or is this not a good fit for for a docked plugin?

/Magnus