[Qgis-developer] Actions as buttons

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Mar 2 01:55:01 PST 2017

Hi Paolo,

We (Kanton Zug) paid for the Action buttons in the attribute table, as
it was a requirement of one of our internal clients. It wasn't a
requirements to have action buttons in the forms. I can see value for
that as well. Probably easiest done in the drag and drop form mode.

Alternative (already possible): Note that in forms view, that there is
an action menu in the top left where you can access the actions through
the menu.

Matthias is most knowledgeable with the forms - so if you want to
improve that part, I would consult with him.

Simply opening an issue, won't get it implemented - you know that ;-)
there is this useful and famous blog post from Nyall - which actually
should be published on our official website:

https://nyalldawson.net/2016/08/how-to-effectively-get-things-changed-in-qgis/

http://nyalldawson.net/2016/08/how-to-effectively-get-things-changed-in-qgis-a-follow-up/

Andreas