[Qgis-developer] 3.0 Documentation and branching

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 06:13:29 PST 2017

Tom, I agree with you that not having a documentation uptodate is a big
fail of the project. But I think it would not be that big if users were
aware of any strategy about documentation.
I think that:
- if we can release a doc concurrently with the application release (and
that's a huge target!)
- AND if users are aware that only LTR releases will be documented
- AND that there's a testing doc for non-LTR release
we would cover some gaps.

I'm not sure that the release cycle is a big problem. QGIS has gained
maturity and many features with this system. However I recall few years ago
discussion about integrating documentation as a part of any new features
from sponsors. Was that rejected? Is it followed?

Anyway, would be nice if a grant proposal could come on this side of the
project... _Harrissou dreaming..._

Harrissou