[Qgis-developer] is QGIS supposed to build with Qt 5.8?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 16:47:15 PST 2017

On 7 March 2017 at 10:41, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nyall,
> Ubuntu 16.04 + Qt Creator 5.8.0 (deb package).
> Qt 5.8 come from Qt Creator (under /opt path).
> Qt 5.5 from apt. Generating and building against these is ok.

I'm not sure. I'm not aware of any platforms where QGIS is currently
built against 5.8 (since 5.8 on homebrew is broken, and all stable
distros are 5.7. Windows is 5.7 too), so there's possibly things we'll
need to change.

But last time I tried to build against any non-repo packages on Ubuntu
I just couldn't get it to succeed either.

Nyall