[Qgis-developer] New branch for 3.x documentation (master_3x)

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Mar 7 23:30:13 PST 2017

Hi all,

Nice move!

I have a minor note on the setup.

"master_3x" will be merged into "master"* sounds like a plan, but I
guess in reality someone will spend days trying to figure out how to
solve those damned conflicts. I would strongly suggest against merging
production branches as this leads to a single "big bang" with
interleaved effects of documentation commits that have already been
forward ported and missing ones.

Instead I would propose to follow the branching schema of QGIS. On
github you can define the "default branch" in the repository settings to
release-2_18, so pull requests will be opened against this branch by
default at the moment.

Just my 2c, maybe it helps to avoid some sleepless nights if this
adjusted right now ;)
Matthias