[Qgis-developer] is QGIS supposed to build with Qt 5.8?

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Mar 8 11:13:29 PST 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 12:17 AM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Nyall, I will abandon the struggle for now.
> I just wanted to try some new features from Qt3D that were added in the
> last release.

I just got QGIS 3 compiling against Qt 5.8, using some custom Homebrew
formulae on macOS 10.11.6. However, Homebrew is still a day or two off from
fully supporting Qt 5.8 in all the packages that QGIS uses.

I have not noticed any major runtime errors beyond this one, specific to
macOS:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-57706
That causes QGIS to stall upon loading the splash screen, requiring the
user to hit Return twice to proceed. Definite regression in Qt 5.7.x -->
5.8.0.

On the plus side, for macOS, all the icons now show up properly for actions
in the menus.

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota
Boundless Desktop and QGIS Support/Development
Boundless Spatial - http://boundlessgeo.com
lshaffer at boundlessgeo.com