[Qgis-developer] Ideas concerning plugin deployment

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Mar 13 02:44:26 PDT 2017

Hi Magnus

(by the way nice to see you pop up here on the list after many years!)

> On 13 Mar 2017, at 10:32 AM, Magnus Homann <magnus at homann.se> wrote:
>
> Thank you, I'll look into InaSAFE if that is something I could use. The Makefile from plugin builder is already using git archive, but packages every file in the repo.

Yeah if you are using git-archive it is going to make a zip containing everything in the tag so you need to extract that afterwards and clean out non-distributable stuff. Some folks are also using paver to do package preparation - check at some of the Boundless plugins for examples...

One thing that might actually be nice is for us to introduce some kind of Manifest file for plugins (we could just copy the system from pip) so that plugin authors can specify which files and resources get packaged.

Regards

Tim

> /Magnus

—