[Qgis-developer] QGIS remote control API

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Tue Mar 14 12:25:02 PDT 2017

We had a QGIS plugin developed for the planning system we use.You start to
add a planning application into it, then you press the plot button, and QGIS
starts with certain layers open. You plot the app, then press a plugin
button, and you are sent back to the planning software, with the polygon
associated with the new planning record. I don't know how it does all that,
but the process can certainly start outside QGIS.

As I say, I don't know how it does all this, but it does beg the question of
how much of this can already be done.

-----
Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon