[Qgis-developer] Creating crop marks / fold marks in print composer - drawing exact lines in print composer

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Mar 17 06:24:32 PDT 2017

Hi,

We are trying to exactly (numerically) place lines (arrows or polylines)
in print composer - but it seems almost impossible:

The two main problem are:

 	* one cannot numerically edit vertices of an arrow or polyline element
 	* the lines box is larger than the actual line, which means the line
doesn't really end where the box ends. This makes it impossible to
numerically place and scale arrows lines. Also snapping doesn't work,
because of this.

Some other related problems:

 	* neither arrows nor polyline snap to guide lines
 	* while arrows can be constrained to exact angles by pressing the
"shift" key, this doesn't seem to work with polylines.
 	* My crop marks could be points with the usual QGIS simple markers,
but I can't place a point in my print composer

My questions are:

 	* is there an alternative that works now (in QGIS 2.18)? E.g. a plugin
that draws crop marks and fold marks?
 	* Are there any improvements planned for QGIS 3.0 in this respect?
 	* Can the issue that the selection box doesn't match the dimensions of
the arrows be fixed in QGIS 3.0?

Thanks,

Andr