[Qgis-developer] Wiki page/area for 'Building QGIS from scratch'

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 20:16:02 PDT 2017

On 18 March 2017 at 01:21, Mark Johnson <mj10777 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> For this reason I think it would be a good idea to add an area in the QGIS
> wiki with tip how this should be done,
> Something in the form of (based on the present wiki):
>
> Organize an event
> Collaborative documents
> Building QGIS 3.0 from scratch
>  Building QT 5 from scratch
>    Building and correctly installing Qwt
>    Building QScintilla for PyQt5
>    Building PyQt5
>  QGIS3 ccmake

Hi Mark!

That's great news - I'm sure many people will be happy to see the
build process documented and will appreciate your work doing this.

Before you get started on doing this work, please be aware that the
wiki is no longer used actively and will likely be removed in the
future.

You should instead make your contributions to the "developers guide" -
source is at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/tree/release_2.18/source/docs/developers_guide.

Nyall