[Qgis-developer] Changing behaviour of "show selected features" mode for attribute table

Spencer Gardner spencergardner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 10:02:39 PDT 2017

>>> Does anyone object to this change landing for 3.0 and 2.18?

>> I wonder if it would be good to also:
>>
>> * set "show selected features" on by default
>> * add a warning "no elemenent selected, please do a selection" or
>> similar, to avoid the user to think the table is empty.

> What about adding a msg+button after opening an empty table:
> "Nothing selected so nothing shown" and a dropdown or button: "select
> ALL" and "select ALL in current extent"

+1 on adding this to 2.18.

Would it be possible to include a dropdown arrow on the "Open Attribute
Table" icon, similar to the behavior of the Feature Selection tool? This
way a user can trigger the default option (show all features) by clicking
on the icon, but can also choose "Show selected features" by clicking the
dropdown.

[image to illustrate]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p394jykld3dc931/select.png?dl=0