[Qgis-developer] Corrections of QgsOgrProvider implementaion of GDAL 2.0

Mark Johnson mj10777 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 20 12:39:22 PDT 2017

>> I see no use of OGR_F_GetGeomFieldRef() so it seems
that you select among the various different geometry fields by relying on
the
"layer_name(geometry_field_name)" syntax

That is caused by the fact that the initial list (QgsOgrProvider::subLayers())
returns only the "layer_name(geometry_field_name)" and id
- whereby, since 30.06.2016, "layer_name(geometry_field_name)" is no longer
sent to QgsOgrProvider

>> OGR_DS_ to GDALDataset API doesn't directly seem related to
supporting layers with multiple geometries
only the depreciated functions were changed to the 2.* version.

>> we only support GDAL >= 2.0 in master
and it is clear that if QGIS is called with a gdal 1.* version the
Application will crash with a Lookup error?

Mark