[Qgis-developer] Corrections of QgsOgrProvider implementaion of GDAL 2.0

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 15:08:30 PDT 2017

On 21 March 2017 at 05:39, Mark Johnson <mj10777 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> we only support GDAL >= 2.0 in master
> and it is clear that if QGIS is called with a gdal 1.* version the
> Application will crash with a Lookup error?

Hi Mark!

Please keep in mind that's there's some non-negotiables here:

1. No extra code will be allowed in master to handle GDAL < 2.0. QGIS
3.0 has a hard GDAL >= 2.0 requirement, and no code will be accepted
to work around this requirement.

2. 2.18 is a stable branch and only bug fixes which do not affect the
stability of the release will be accepted. As it stands PR #3697
(opened against 2.18) is far too intrusive for inclusion in the stable
release branch.

As Even stated, you'll need to open a series of smaller,
self-contained PRs against the master branch only (keeping in mind the
requirement that all master code is GDAL >= 2.0 only). When these are
accepted it's possible that certain PRs from this series will be
applicable for backporting to 2.x, but that will need to be determined
only after the PRs have been fully reviewed and accepted in to master.

Nyall