[Qgis-developer] Wiki page/area for 'Building QGIS from scratch'

Mark Johnson mj10777 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 22 01:44:18 PDT 2017

> On Ubuntu 17.04, which is based on Qt5.7.1, output from
>
> `./output/bin/qgis`
>

>> `Couldn't load PyQt.
>
> Python support will be disabled. (a really big deal)
>

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>    File "", line 1, in
>
> ImportError: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.8'
>
> not found (required by
>
> /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so)`

I have added a new page called 'Starting QGIS3 as seen from lddtree.sh'

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/wiki/QGIS3-lddtree-sh

As is often the case, complex Applications often fail for many different
reasons.
This page show what steps where undertaken to resolve these problems.

lddtree.sh is a forked version of the original lddtree that, for me, brings
better result. (source and download link are supplied on that page).

Here, in this case, it is important to check if both QGIS3 and
PyQt5/QtCore.so use the same libQt5Core.so.5
- I believe it is save to assume that both MUST use the same QT5 Version,
since QtCore.so is a (I believe) a function interface between python3 and
libQt5Core

The page shows the result of both QGIS3 and PyQt5/QtCore.so (both of which
work correctly) as an comparison.

In this case, I think, the cause of the problem is more likly to be that:
-> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5
--> does not exsit on your system

Mark