[Qgis-developer] Wiki page/area for 'Building QGIS from scratch'

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Mar 22 02:03:57 PDT 2017

On 22-03-17 09:41, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Richard has been researching ways to use Markdown for the docs in sphinx
> so that content can be edited directly in GitHub but that is not
> something usable ye, and I am not sure if he is still actively working
> on it.

For QGIS-3 docs I want to move to python3/latest sphinx, which can also
build *.md pages. Drawback is that you cannot do any 'real' referencing
to other pages in those, but we can add/build them, and I'm not sure how
the latexpdf builder is affected.
Another wish here, is to make the building easier (no Make magic,
vanilla sphinx as much as possible). It is easier nowadays, because the
sphinx translation tools even have scripts to update transifex etc

But... still wanting this. But have to change the build proces... in Essen?

Regards,

Richard

ps I agree with Matthias, that it is pretty hard to create documentation
for ALL different configuration/version. Just ask on
mailinglist/irc/gitter if you have problems building. And IF you
succeeded(!), do a blogpost on your personal page. Eg, I had to build on
CentOS7 with Oracle some time ago:
http://zuidt.nl/blog/html/2015/10/12/build_qgis_master_with_oracle_provider_yourself_on_centos7.html