[Qgis-developer] QGIS crashes when zzoming in

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Mar 23 08:26:42 PDT 2017

Il 23/03/2017 14:57, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:
> Hey Paolo,
>
> Any chance to get a backtrace?
> This is always the number one resource for pointers to solutions with
> crashes.

OK, so I found that the crash depends on a single PostGIS point layer in
EPSG:4326. When the project is reprojected to EPSG:3857, QGIS reliably
crashes when zoomed deeper than 1:50.000.
When OTF is off, no issue. Same layer, saved as shp in the same
situation does not crash. I suspect this has to do to the incorrect
extent of the geom:
Extent:
-inf, -inf - -10.56548, 9.94114
I understand why QGIS has trouble in reprojecting it, but a crash is
always bad.
BTW: how do I fix the extent of the PostGIS table?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu