[Qgis-developer] QGIS <-> Django

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 05:47:19 PDT 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Olivier Dalang <olivier.dalang at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> Does anybody here have some experience with making QGIS work with
> (Geo)Django ?
>
> I would love to be able to make them communicate, as QGIS is the interface
> of choice to do complex work on geometries and Django is perfect to quickly
> setup a complete endpoint with user management, model logic and web
> administration interface.
>
> I see two approches :
> - Using Django REST framework to create a REST endpoint - but is there a
> way to consume REST endpoints in QGIS ?
> - Developing a WFST module for Django, for which there seem to be some
> work done [1] for the non-transactionnal part.
>
> I just wanted to ask before reinventing the wheel !
>
> Bests,
>
> Olivier
>

> [1] : https://github.com/vascop/django-wfs

Hi,

It really depends on what you want to achieve, but the server component of
QGIS has Python bindings, so you might want to explore the opportunity to
route the calls from Django to a Python-wrapped QGIS Server to generate an
OGC response.

 A very old example can be found here:
http://www.itopen.it/qgis-server-binding-news/lang-pref/en/

--