[Qgis-developer] Wiki page/area for 'Building QGIS from scratch'

gordon at shieldaig.com gordon at shieldaig.com
Sun Mar 26 15:10:16 PDT 2017

Hi Mark,

I've opened a few issues on the Wiki.  Some I've sorted but others are
not so straight forward - but there might be a simple way I am unaware
of.  The main issues are that not all of the instructions, when used on
Ubuntu 17.04 and I would think Ubuntu xx.x, result in `make install`
installing locally without further pre-make modifications.

It would help me if you could look at SIP because I had that working
previously to the system folders but would like to use the proper local
installation and there is no `share` folder or error.

`site-packages` folder for both python 3.4 and python 3.5 contain:
`sipconfig.py sipdistutils.py  sip.pyi  sip.so`

Python 3.5.3 is installed, perhaps that is the problem.

Also, Qt5.7.1 is in the system folders but obviously building from
source ensures Qt5.8.1 isn't used as I built Qt5.7.1 from source.  It
took about 1 hour.  It is in the local install folders.

Thanks for any help.