[Qgis-developer] 2017 QGIS Grant Proposals final results

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon May 1 08:27:56 PDT 2017

> Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 01:03:17 +0200
> From: Tim Sutton <tim at qgis.org>
>
> Hi All
>
> Thanks for your patience while you waited for us to prepare the final
> results for the grant proposals. I hope it was worth the wait since we
> managed to make some more funds available to support more than the planned
> EUR 20,000 of proposals.  Read all about the successful proposals here:
>
> http://blog.qgis.org/2017/04/30/qgis-grant-programme-2-results/

As writer of proposal 12) ENHANCE INTEROPERABILITY BETWEEN QGIS AND X3D
(full details here:
https://qgisblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/qgisgrantapplicationssummary-march2017.pdf,
proposal 12)
, although unsuccessful, I would like to take the opportunity to thank the
QGIS Voting Membership and Sterring Committee for taking the time to read
through all proposal and cast votes. I recognize that having two 3d related
proposals made it difficult to support both at the same time with so many
other deserving projects also in the mix. Therefore, I do value the votes
in support of my proposal particularly. Thanks !

If you are curious, please head over to

https://github.com/andreasplesch/QGIS-X3D-Processing

to follow progress on this project. Any feedback, or contributions are much
appreciated.

Here is an example DEM export using the existing functionality:
https://rawgit.com/andreasplesch/QGIS-X3D-Processing/master/examples/output/n35w120nedWGS84_200x200dir.html

Cheers, Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch